Monday, March 21, 2011

New Print: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Slow and Steady Wins the Race  $20  by Pixel & Post on etsy

I'm super happy to show you a new print! Part of my Friendly Little Reminders Series.

With this image I wanted to explore more hand - drawn textures and play around with hand lettering. I even borrowed a crayon from my kiddo's art table for the tortoise's hair and mouth (shhh- don't mention it). His shell went through about a million iterations before I hit on the one I truly loved. I'm super happy with this one and the direction it is taking things.

In case you were wondering, the salt and pepper shakers at the left are from the awesome Shoshonasnow on etsy. The mini camera on the right was my mom's - it used to have real film in it, one of my favorite possessions from childhood.

Here are some detail images:




1 comment:

Miss M. said...

I love it! The artwork, but also the words! Words to remember often! Thanks for sharing! Hope to see you soon! Veel Liefs, Miss M.