I was talking to my good friend yesterday about living in the moment - something I am getting a lot of practice with right now (too much practice if you ask me). After our chat this song started running through my mind. I had to look it up on YouTube - the clip is pretty hilarious. I love the horrible lip syncing, the fact that their guitars are not plugged in to any kind of amp, their neckerchiefs, and that backdrop is pretty stellar as well. And...on lead guitar? That's Creed from The Office. Who knew? And still, while this song could win an award for its cheesy goodness - I'm still going to be singing it to remind me "And don't worry 'bout tomorrow, hey, hey, hey Sha-la-la-la-la-la, live for today..."
Monday, October 10, 2011
|Flat Head $40 by Kim Murton|
So, my NaBloPoMo challenge didn't quite go the way I planned last week - sort of like my life right now. Full of unpredictable twists and turns, some which have been leaving me feeling pretty low. Anyhow, it's a new week so let's try again. One thing I am looking forward to this week is the arrival of my Lemon Yellow Flat Head from awesome ceramic artist Kim Murton. Can't wait to hang this on my wall!
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
I originally thought I'd do a post about all the great crochet patterns you can find on etsy. Because, there are some cool ones out there. But as I looked around, I realized that it would be way more entertaining to show you some of the wacky vintage crochet patterns available there. Like this out of control granny square blanket available at Wonky Zebra.
And next time you come over this is how I'll greet you, in a fabulous crochet Maxi Dress!
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Saturday, October 1, 2011
|Chunky Scarf The Snow Leopard in Navy $180 by Yokoo on Etsy|
1. Wearing Scarves. All.The.Time. (I love the look of the scarf above and the lady who creates them) I inherited my grandmother's aversion to 'drafts' especially around my neck - area.
2. Honeycrisp apples. I'd like to dip some in this.
3. Hot tea, the way my friend Librarian Girl taught me to make it.
4. Trees turning bright red and yellow. That's a no-brainer, I know.
5. Cool nights for sleeping.
6. Boots, boots, boots. I need a new pair this year (drooling over these). I have extremely skinny ankles and calves but reaaaally large feet. It makes boot shopping oh so interesting because ye olde boot-makers seem to think that if you have gigantor feet your should also have gigantor ankles ankles....sigh.
7. Stew. Ok, that sounds silly and really Little House on The Prairie doesn't it? But a good Beef Stew on a cool autumn night? Yum.
8. Rain. There I said it. I like it for about the first two months of fall - talk to me again in November and by then I will have changed my tune. But for now it feels cozy and I'm going with it.
9. Knitting. For some reason I can't knit in the summer, but come fall I'm all over it. Hoping to finish this hat if the pattern does not kill me first.
10. Another month of NaBloPoMo - starting today. I've been away from my blog for so long, it really needs a kick in the ribs. And this should do just the trick.
What do you love about fall?
What do you love about fall?