Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Adventure Girls, part one.



A few weekends ago I went on my first hike in three whole years with a lovely group of moms I met this year through my kiddos co-op preschool. Back in May during a meeting it came up that many of us were wanting to bust out and have more adventures - so we scheduled this hike to Wallace Falls.

It was a wonderful time, and I think our voices got as much of a workout as our legs did on this beautiful trail - we chatted the entire 5.5 miles. The falls were roaring and provided a lovely mist that cooled us and turned my hair into a wild, unruly mess (yikes). We ate some junk food (ok and a lot of healthy stuff), took lots of water breaks, and enjoyed just being "alone" in the wilderness - well, without kids anyway. By the time we were done we were sweaty, a little muddy, and thoroughly relaxed. I felt like I was 100 miles away.

The day ended with a trip to an awesome diner, The Hitching Post Cafe where we ate huge sandwiches, told funny stories, and shared a few slices of pie under a mural of a cartoon cowboy and a flying seagull with a belly button. Yep.

I loved getting out in the woods and leaning more about these amazing ladies. It was a perfect day.






2 comments:

Amber T said...

Sounds like a great day! I may copy you and do the same thing. The waterfall looks awesome.

london tierney said...

love your new header! I'm sending you a message soon...I have an idea I'd love some feedback on!