Friday, January 20, 2012

Favorite Things Friday: Snowbound


We've been trapped in our house for about 5 days, with flickering power and unreliable phone and internet. This week was packed to the gills with appointments and plans - all of which got cancelled for me. And, I loved it. There's nothing like a good ole Pacific Northwest Snowpocalypse to force you to just slow the heck down. We baked batches of chocolate chip cookies and delicious French Breakfast Puffs (or sugar muffins as my kiddo now calls them). I attempted a sewing project only to find that I need more supplies - but it was exciting while it lasted. There were naps. Our generator kept us warm. Just moments ago I saw the first drips of snow melting off our iced-up, snow laden trees. It's supposed to be 20 degrees warmer today than yesterday. Being trapped inside with two of my favorite people on earth felt like a mini vacation. As I watch the snow start to melt, and glance over at my packed calendar for next week, I know this will be over way too soon.

No comments: