Friday, May 6, 2011

Going to the Midwest!




My work and I are both make our Midwestern debut tomorrow! My prints and cards are finding a new home at Domestica, in Des Moines Iowa! This shop looks incredible, and I am so honored to be a part fo the action there. The communications I've had with the store's owner, Chrissy,  have made me want to meet her in person someday - seriously funny, smart, and sweet.

There's a big party to celebrate Domestica's 1st birthday tomorrow, and it seems Chrissy is up to her elbows in rice crispie treats, margarita mix, and cake. If you live in Des Moines, or can get there - GO! it looks wonderful. My work will be available on their website shortly - I'll let you know when that happens. It feels huge for my work to be in the company of some of my favorites (Tad Carpenter and Sass & Peril to name just two). 

For myself, I'll be flying into Minneapolis, Minnesota (en route to Amsterdam!) - and that's the closest I'll be getting to Chrissy's pink frosted rice crispy treats and margaritas. So have a margarita or two for me tomorrow at Domestica (especially you, Chrissy) - and I'll toast the Midwest from 30,000 feet int the air!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So cool! What a beautiful shop. And happy travels!

Uncle Beefy said...

A big ole CONGRATULATIONS, Miss J! Wowzers! You're doin' awesome! And, topping it off with a trip to Amseterdam? Dam! Have fun! :)

Domestica said...

How did I miss this post?! Oh so sweet - thank you! Pixel + Post is a huge hit. We sold out of some prints right away, one made it into a Lowe's photo shoot (I think) and I'm just here to steal an image for the Facebook page! I loved your trip post, too. I wish you could've stayed even longer and hoppe you post a few more snaps for all us vicarious travelers.