Friday, July 9, 2010

Favorite Things Friday!


It is that time of the week again, folks! Time to recap some of my favorite stuff from this rather busy, fulfilling week.

1. Friends. I got to catch up with some of dearest pals this week and it was beyond lovely. I also witnessed my kiddo play with a preschool pal at the park this week. It was a huge milestone for her and so sweet to watch them talk and play together. Thank you miss Abby! Here's to friends old and new! These  adorable friends for your wine bottles by Sarah Neuburger of The Small Object caught my eye this week as well.  I have been a fan of Sarah's for years - all of her stuff is just plain awesome. Such an inspiration.  

2. Sewing. I've go so many projects going through my head after yesterday's Year of Handmade post, I had a hard time sleeping last night.

3.  Dining al fresco. I got to eat outside a lot this week and it is hands down one of my favorite things to do.

4. Penny pinching. Yep. you read that one right. After our budgetary meeting this week I was forced to think on a budget since we are saving up for some big ticket items (new car, new roof, and a studio) I have been shocked and plain grateful for all the creative ideas I am having as I (begin) embracing living on less dinero. I may be short on change, but not on ideas! Woot!

5. Popsicles. My big daily treat this week. Mine came from the store in a moment of desperation but you can find lots of DIY popsicle recipes here.

6. The Library. For having air conditioning and so very many ways to daydream an afternoon away.

What made you happy this week?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have no air conditioning at home. I spent time in thrift stores and at the library this past week to beat the heat.

Aron said...

Those Popsicle look great for a hot night like this one.

Jessica said...

Yea for playdates! We had fun with you guys, too!