Saturday, April 5, 2008

Me, elesewheres. Part 2


Last summer I participated in the Print Zero Print Exchange. It was my third time participating in the exchange. This time 764 artists participated from 52 different countries. It is a really great thing, and if you'd like to find out how to participate, I urge you to visit Print Zero Studios and drop the organizer, Brian, an email. He'll put you in their database and let you know when the next exchange comes around.

Here's a photo collage of the process of the 3 color silkscreen I did for the exchange. It was my first time silkscreening in a long long time. I don't own a gocco, so I did it all with cut paper stencils. The result was pretty good, but not as crisp as I remembered. Practice, practice, practice.

Anyhoo, I just got word that this show was recently shown in Denmark!
Man, how I wish I could have been there for the opening. It it crazy to think about something I made hanging on a wall all the way over there. That's one of the cool things about art. Once you make it, and get it out there it really takes on a life of its own. Have fun in Denmark, little print!





No comments: