Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Weeklies: #1 Return of The Weeklies

Its been a long time since I've done an installment of The Weeklies. A long stretch of sleepless nights left me feeling like I had little to share here. But now, spring has sprung, we are sleeping better and inspiration is flowing. So, I'm going to attempt The Weeklies again. Whoo Hoo!

Thing I made:


I made an awesome breakfast of Grilled Chocolate Sandwiches from the new Everyday Food Cookbook. They were super easy, and looked fancy. I used a Newman's Own Semisweet Chocolate bar, and challah from a local bakery. Bread and melted chocolate? Yes please! I could pretty much eat this every single morning for the rest of my life until all my teeth rotted out leaving me unable to chew.

Best food I ate
Chocolate Grilled Sandwiches of course, and a wonderfully ripe and sweet mango.


Best thing I saw on the web:



This xylophone! A bird house and xylophone in one?! Does it get any cuter? I don't think so.

Can't live without:
Black Typhoo Tea, the return of night time knitting while watching TV with hubby.

Music:
Yes! The Music Player is back. Nothing says spring to me like a little Edith Piaf. I first heard of her back in art school when I was working in a cafe with Uncle Beefy. We played all sorts of music in that place from showtunes to punk (and sometimes had dances that went with the tunes). Still In Love rocks like some kind of old school tune. I like the happy sound of Bag of Hammers, just don't drop the bag on your foot (ouch). To Be Young gets stuck in my head. Makes me want to go on a road trip in an old red pickup truck. We've Got Everything is kind of hyper, but fun nonetheless.

(Player has been moved to the newest Weeklies installment)

Feeling happy about:
Figuring out how to knit in the round, and sweater patterns that are knit from the neck down! Wow! Who knew such a thing existed? Knitting Pure and Simple has an assortment of basic sweater patterns that are knit this way. I'm making one for a gift so that's all I can say, but I'll post photos later on.


1 comment:

Molly said...

I LOVE the weeklies and i only wish that my life allowed the time to do some weeklies of my own.

The boys and I just enjoyed Edith Piaf, thanks to you. The whole time I pictured you in the coffee shop.

Top-down sweaters in the round are one of my favorite things in the universe. I will never knit a sweater another way again. Have you discovered Ravelry?? I'd love to see you there.

I bet the little dumpling's basket was pretty special...I wish I could have seen it.

Happy Easter!

--m