Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cherry Blossom Time



Living with a 3 year old girl, it goes without saying that there is a lot of pink in our lives - even though before she was born I swore my child would not be clothed in pink from head to toe. Right. The girl LOVES pink, and I've totally given in. This weekend we took her to see the Yoshino cherry trees on the University of Washington campus. Pink trees! Could there be anything more magical?

One of my favorite memories from art school was pulling spring time all nighters in the studio (those second story windows in the photo above) and watching the sun set and rise on the blooming cherry trees. It was so fun to see it through my kiddo's wide eyes, and to share the wonder with her.

The trees are beautiful this year, and people were out in droves - having picnics, playing instruments, taking wedding photos, lifting their babies up into the pink canopy. A totally magical afternoon.

No comments: