Thursday, July 15, 2010

From my desk


As promised, here is a little peek at some new stuff I am working on at the moment. I've been playing around with pencils and patterns and just trying to let the wackiness flow a bit more. I've been longing for those days in my past (again) when I just made stuff just 'because'. Without thinking 'will someone buy this' or 'would someone hang this in their kitchen'? Etc. 

It is hard to explain but going to art school, and then design school, and then doing freelance design/illustration can at times suck all those core creative urges right on out of me.  Inasmuch as I am thankful for all that I have learned and been able to practice - I always come back to that need to just make art.

That's what I'm hoping you'll see here over the summer. No thinking - just doing. 

I think.

No comments: