Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New Print: Bee Yourself



Being yourself (or BEE-ing yourself) means doing stuff like wearing hot pink and white stripes when the rest of the hive is wearing the same old yellow and black. And here's another Friendly Little Reminder print to help you (or someone you love) remember to just be themselves!

I've been thinking about being myself while working on these prints. As I've said before, I'm just having a lot of fun making them, and ideas and imagery are flowing out of me like crazy. I think there is an important message in this new found ease. I interpret it like this: when we let ourselves be ourselves - without apologies, without the worry about what others think, the struggle disappears and our work feels effortless, joyous and crazy-fun. I'm also finding that in being more myself in my work, I am happier in the parts of my life outside of being an artist. Double bonus! Just proof that being yourself will send you buzzzzzing to new heights!

The fine print:
$20 will get you this sweet 8 x 10 inch giclee (pronounced gee-clay) print. It is professionally printed in the US of A, on Legion Entrada Rag Bright 290 (a fine art, 100% cotton paper) and with Vivera Archival Inks, giving it an archival rating of 150 years. Please note that the copyright mark will not be on the print.

No comments: